I've been writing the pattern for Country Romance, and testing while I go. Changing up the fabrics make a huge difference in the look of the block. While pattern testing, I'm also making up my step-outs for my teaching binder. It has been a nice, relaxing time to work on this.
Yesterday, I marked the entire quilt to get it ready for machine quilting. First I had to decide what I was going to do, and now I have to quilt it! I normally do not mark my quilts, but I wanted a very special border for this one. Notice I didn't mark the inside of the block. I will free motion quilt in each block.
If I had the backing made, I would have loaded this one on the long arm yesterday. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
During my TV time at night, I've been working on my Lucy Boston, Patchwork of the Crosses blocks. This block has not been stitched together just yet. All of the basting is finished, now it's good to go to be stitched together.
I've been cutting and packaging kits as I go. It takes me weeks, and weeks to get ready for a show, so I start preparing way in advance. I would like to have ten blocks, and 100 kits done before the show in October......wish me luck.....I have a lot going on between now and then. It takes a ton of product to fill a large, 20' booth.
I'm going to have to put my quilting aside while I get ready for two sets of summer company arriving next week. It's a good thing we have visitors, since it's the only time I really CLEAN the cabin. I keep things semi-picked up throughout the day to lessen the burden of cleaning. I like to call it "housecaring" which isn't as daunting as housecleaning. My quilting room is going to take up the most amount of time. I actually love to be in my favorite room organizing the chaos, I mean organizing my creativity. I find all kinds of treasures that I'd forgotten about.