Sunday, January 26, 2020

Buttons and Bows is a Wrap

Hello Everyone,
 
Buttons and Bows is quilted, bound and ready for cuddling on the couch.

 
The fabrics that I used are a combination of Best of Days, and Country Journey from Henry Glass Fabrics.  I have a tutorial for this quilt HERE on my blog a few posts ago.
 


 A lot of ditching and feathers on this one.

 
This quilt is going to be perfect to cuddle with on the couch while watching Sanditon.  Mr. Joe knows that I am swooning over Mr. Sidney Parker played by Theo James.  Oh my talk about brooding, goods looks.  Sanditon was adapted by Andrew Davies from an unfinished manuscript by Jane Austen.  The series is on Masterpiece on PBS.  Well worth your time. It's on tonight...YIPPEE!

I'm headed to Livermore today to see "my girls", and teach at In Between Stitches on Monday and Tuesday.  The added bonus is watching my grandsons play flag football this afternoon.  The boys are playing on the same team again this year.  It is so fun to cheer for my boys, who always have some great plays and exciting moves.

Enjoy your week everyone. 

Soon,
Lynn



11 comments:

  1. looks great - always nice to have a finish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Karen, it feels good to have two finishes this week! Now I can move on to some of my other projects that keep calling to me.
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete
  2. Excellent adaptation of the rail fence idea, Lynn! The details really make it.
    Thanks for the tip about Sanditon. We get PBS so we should be able to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. If you like Jane Austen and that time period, you will love Sanditon.
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete
  3. The quilting is beautiful--nice finish! I haven't heard of Sandition, and yes, I'm an Austenite--but apparently not a very good one? Now I'm all interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, Sanditon is a good story Cheree. Both of us look forward to it every Sunday night. Well, I look forward to it more then Mr. Joe!
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete
  4. Lovely quilt finishes this week, Lynn, and thanks for the tip about Sanditon. We watched the first two episodes on line tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Jennifer! I really appreciate it.
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete
  6. beautiful quilt Lynn! It looks so warm and cuddly!! And you are the queen of adding some little touch that brings it up a notch: the little corner bits just give it that little extra sparkle! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete