Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Lucy Boston Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
I spent a fun day in the classroom with the Independence Hall quilters in Arnold.  The girls were busy making Lucy Boston, or Patchwork of the Crosses blocks. 
 

Some of the girls brought their own fabrics, and some bought kits that I'd put together.


They fussy cut and basted throughout our time together.


They had gorgeous results to show by the end of the day.


 

Each of my kits include a block layout sheet to help keep you organized.  I'm a big fan of the sheets.


The classroom is spacious and bright.



The girls were so much fun and I really enjoyed getting to know them better, and I loved their creativity.  If you have a guild in your area, get involved, and spend time with quilters who share your passion.

I'm getting back to my pumpkins this morning.  I have to make another pumpkin and add a little creature of two.  I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do for a border.  This is a work in progress.

 
According to the weather forecast, I looks like we are going to get a nice dumping of snow this week.  I guess I need to get to the store today and fill the larder just in case we can't get out of the neighborhood for a day or two.  It is just so cozy quilting during a snowstorm.  I love it!

Soon,
Lynn

15 comments:

  1. I made a Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses quilt some years back and loved it - looks like your group had a fun time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Karen. The girls seemed to enjoy the Lucy Boston process.....and you know what a long process it can be! Lynn

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful space to quilt in! I love the Lucy Boston blocks. Looks like everyone had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy. The Independence Hall classroom is in an old school. Tall ceiling, lots of windows. I love teaching there. Lynn

      Delete
  3. I have a friend that had been looking for Patchwork of the Crosses kits. Would she contact you? Do you offer color and/or fabric selections?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie,
      Yes, have your friend contact me. I have a variety of kits left. They are all reproduction fabrics. I can send her pictures. Lynn

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the class, Lynn! Can't wait to finish that first block. By the way, I have 5 kits. Edie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Edie. You did a great job on your block. I'm glad you clarified how many "kits" you have. (LOL - inside joke here)

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fun day. As always, so jealous of the snow! Not seeing any in our forecast. Snow days are the best quilting days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cheree,
      Thank you for stopping by my blog. You'd really be jealous of the snow that is predicted for tonight! 8-12" overnight....yippee!!! We have a generator so I can keep my machine going at full speed. Lynn

      Delete
  6. Oh my, there are such gorgeous effects with the fussy cutting. Sounds like a very happy and productive day. We are expecting snow too so I might just duck out for a few groceries in advance of it. More to come on the weekend. Gotta love winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie,
      The fussy cutting makes the blocks so interesting and detailed. It takes more time, but it really makes a huge difference in the look of the blocks.
      Lynn

      Delete
  7. Morning Lynn, there are some beautiful Lucy Boston blocks. Great work with the fussy cutting and "hand" sewing which is not my forte. Enjoy the sewing days coming up with the fall of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning to you Jeanne. Hand stitching is not for everyone. I find it very relaxing to sit and stich away from my machine....maybe I spend too many hours in front on it??? Lynn

    ReplyDelete