Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Moda Block Heads 3 - Block #2

Hello Everyone,
 
I'm trying to keep up with the Moda Block Heads 3 program.  I finished Block #2 the day before #3 is set to be released.
 

Block #2 was from Sherri McConnell.  We only needed to make one block.  I chose to make four, 4" blocks and sew them together.  I was playing around with placement, and decided to go with the yellow in the center instead of the blue.  Each 4" block is identical, I just rotated them before sewing them together.  When making blocks this small, I press most of my seams open.  I also choose to make flying geese instead of making the entire block out of half-square triangles.  That way I had fewer seams to contend with, and match up when I stitched them together.


Now I have two, 8" blocks finished.  I haven't a clue on how I'm going to do my final layout.  I'll have to wait and see what all of the blocks look like in the end.


I'm only using fabrics by Betsy Chutchian from Moda.  I love her style and all of her lines work so well together.  I'm determined to keep up, even though I know it's going to be hard with my schedule.  I encourage you to join in the program to help grow your quilting skills.

Soon,
Lynn

12 comments:

  1. I like those blocks - it is hard sometimes for me to stay caught up when on a schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know Karen! I have a long to-do list today since I've been gone. There are things I HAVE to do, and things I want to do. But, I want to quilt and not do paperwork! Too many things pulling me away.
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete
  2. Lovely! and great idea to pair up the smaller blocks for an added inspiration :-) I love how these fabrics are looking in these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loris. I will probably pair up all of the simpler designs to make an 8" block. Not set in stone yet though. It is early in the process.
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I finished block #3 today. Now I don't have to think about it for another week!

      Delete
  4. Oh, dear! A new to me program - Blockheads! So, of course, I have printed out the directions and will make the attempt to catch up. Positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun Fran. I made block #3 today. It's going to be hard for me to stay current. I'll give it a good try.
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete
  5. Loving your colors in your blocks. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Betsy Chutchian's fabrics are just my style.
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete
  6. Again, LOVE your fabric choices! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheree,
      Betsy Chutchian has become my favorite fabric designer. Not only does she design beautiful fabrics, she's a wonderful person.
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete