Monday, September 30, 2024

Quilting Inspiration

 Hello Everyone,

This post will showcase our show and tell at the retreat.  We held it outside with Lake Tahoe in the background.  Notice the blue, blue sky.  My sister, Gail, is so proud of her Calico Cottages quilt.  It's so special!


Julie's wool applique is incredible!

I was delighted to see Sharon's Summer's Blush quilt so beautifully finished.

Barbara began her explanation about her quilt with, "I hate making Dresden blocks!"  But Barbara, this is beautiful!

Tina is very organized and made herself work outside her comfort zone and pulled the fabric strips out of a bag for this quilt.

Karen rescued this completed quilt out of a giveaway stack.  I'll bet the original maker is very happy that it found a good home. 

Here's my Double Dutch Treat pattern by Tina.

Donna loves making quilts with a lot of small pieces.  This was amazing. She's a girl after my own heart when it comes to tiny scraps.

Another beautiful wool quilt made by Debbie.  I should have taken a close up of the variety of stitches.

Quilters are also knitters. Linda knits while she and her husband drive around the country in their RV.

Tina made this quilt from houses that were donated to a quilt shop in Paradise after the Paradise fire.  The blocks came from all around the world.  Many of the guild members were able to make quilts from the donated blocks.

Lori made this for her granddaughter.

I've always loved this quilt by Blackbird Designs which Lisa made.

We have another knitter!  I love this quilt block design.

I taught this Walk in the Park pattern by Kim Diehl several years ago.  Gail finished her quilt!

I think Melody called this one Bathing Beauties which is perfect for the chilly Lake Tahoe water.

Beth is almost finished with her Double Dutch Treat.

I have a lot more pictures to show tomorrow too.

Soon,
Lynn







1 comment:

  1. Lynn,
    Everything is so lovely... the quilts, the sky, the friends. Sorry to have missed it, but hoping to see you soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete