Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Quilting Reflections

Hello Everyone,

I'm busy getting ready for my Sew'n Wild Oaks retreat and that includes cleaning the cabin and moving some of the quilts around.

Wherever I look, I see quilts.  Quilts that need to be aired out, dusted off, and moved to a different location.  Here at the cabin, I use the quilts to decorate and for insulation during our cold winters.


We bought this dresser about 45 years ago in an antique shop so my guess is this old girl is close to 100 years old. (The dresser not me!)  It is one of the pieces of furniture that we brought to the cabin during the move.  It looks so good in its new home.  If a piece of furniture can feel happiness, this dresser is one happy camper.


The cleaning for the retreat continues today.  I've been neglecting the cabin while working on quilty things such as pattern writing for the new block of the month for Marcus Fabrics.

I found out from Marcus Fabrics that I'm not going to be a one hit wonder.  It's time to start working on another fabric line and get it in the pipeline. I'm impatiently waiting for my strike-offs to arrive from the manufacturing plant in Korea.  Once the strike-offs are approved, the printing of the fabric begins, and my sample fabric will arrive probably in Oct/Nov so I can start making the quilt.  Fingers crossed!

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. The cabin is beautifully decorated. Do you have room to move around with the added furniture? Can't wait to see your fabric line. I don't know how you do it, but you do! Now it's time to swim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to get rid of some things to make room for the new (old) things. I only have two things hanging from the rafters!

      Delete