Monday, August 22, 2022

Song Play List - Week of 8/22 to 8/28

 Hello Everyone,

I'm starting something new on my blog.  Every Monday, give or take, I'm going to write my song list for the week which will give you an idea what I plan on doing.  I apologize ahead of time for any ear worms I might be planting.

Song Play List 8/22 to 8/28

9 To 5 - Dolly Parton (My day actually begins at 5am and ends at 9pm)

She Works Hard for the Money - Donna Summer

Whistle While You Work - The Seven Dwarfs (I can't whistle at all....not a whisper of a note)

Working on the Chain Gang - Sam Cooke (I hope to do some chain piecing this week)

Wilder Mind - Mumford and Sons (Not so much for the lyrics, but the title fits my Wilder mind which is bouncing all over the place)

Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford (I have a ton on my plate with the upcoming retreat)

It's My Job - Jimmy Buffett (Good lyrics about striving to be your best)

Manic Monday - The Bangles (No explanation needed)

One week from today, 35 quilters will be rolling into town from all over the country for the second Sew'n Wild Oaks retreat of the year at Snowflake Lodge in Arnold.

I've been preparing for it for weeks from making tutorials, to name tags, to kits, to whatever needs to be done.  The girls will all be at my cabin next Sunday night for an appetizer dinner.  This week I'm going to concentrate on creating a spotless house.....wish me luck with that. The spiders can spin spider webs faster than I can eliminate them.  Maybe Spin Spider Spin should be on my playlist.

This move has really thrown me for a loop!  We were down at our other house in the San Francisco Bay Area over the weekend and Saturday was the day our eldest son and his family moved in.  As they were hauling things in, we were still hauling things out.  Crazy times!  I still don't know where everything is, and at this point in time I really don't care!

An added bonus Friday night was watching our grandson play in a pre-season football jamboree.  They played in their practice jerseys without a number, so we really couldn't tell who he was on the field.  We cheered wildly anyway.

So, I'm looking forward to "my girls" arrival to town.  We will all have so much fun during our time together.  

Soon,

Lynn



12 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it...but you do! Love all the work you put into these retreats to make them special for all who attend. Thank you! Have a great week next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne. The retreats are as much fun for me as the girls.

      Delete
  2. PS: Love the songs you choose for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least one of us caught the "rollin'" into town (*wink) tune! P.S.....you're my heroine, Lynn...I can't believe how much you've accomplished this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a minute, but now I remember the "rollin". If you saw the cabin right now, you would think I didn't do a thing this summer

      Delete
  4. Sing, sing a song, sing it loud, sing it strong!!!! I love your logic!! See ya soon, Lynn!!! Paula B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So looking forward to next week! Take care of yourself with all your juggling of life’s demands -oh, my!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have something to look forward to that is fun!

      Delete
  7. Music is such a great thread, sewing our memories while we make them. It's the back one of me daily life too! Fun list! Looking forward to seeing what the songs of our lives are this coming week. Your home is beautiful and can’t wait to spend some time there, and time with you. Thank you for all that you have done in advance for our coming special week. So thrilled to be a part of my first retreat with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't realize my name dudnt register. Diana Davis!

      Delete
    2. I have my play list ready for our time spent with each other. Quilting friends are the best! See you tomorrow.

      Delete