Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Behind the Scenes

Hello Everyone,

I've been given the go ahead to post a 'teaser' about my new fabric line and block of the month for Marcus Fabrics.  Here's one of the blocks in the quilt made with seven of the fabrics in the line.


The fabric line is called Hearthstone and I named the quilt Bridle Path.

The fabric has a look and feel of Autumn and will be released in the Summer just in time for Fall projects.  The BOM will start in September.

All of the blocks are finished, the sashing is almost finished, and it's about 3/4 of the way together.  So, when you thought I was slacking off and not posting, I was busily quilting the hours away in my sewing room while it was raining and snowing outside to beat the band.  Luckily, we haven't had many power outages this Winter.

The fabric collection and quilt are my tribute to the brave women of the 1930's American Depression era.  These women were hired through the newly formed Work Progres Administration (WPA) by President Franklin D. Roosevelt; with the purpose of putting Americans to work during and following the Depression. Eleanor Roosevelt sought to create jobs specifically for women, beginning with the Packhorse Librarian Program, the first traveling 'bookmobile'. Women were paid $28 per month to transport books deep into the hollers and mountains of Kentucky by horseback and mules.

Throughout the coming weeks, I will be posting a lot more pictures of the blocks and the fabric line.  The big reveal of the entire quilt won't be for a few months yet, but there will be a lot of teasers!

I know two shops for sure that will be carrying the BOM.  Cloth and Quilts in Hilmar, CA and Pieceful Gathering in Fox River Grove, IL have this scheduled as a BOM. Both of these shops are wonderful, destination quilt shops with fabulous, knowledgeable staff and owners who have become my friends over the years.

Of course, I will have tutorials posted on my blog for this quilt when the program becomes available.  

Today is machine quilting day for me.  I have to finish Calico Cottages so I can take it with me to the Pieceful Gathering retreat the beginning of March.  I'll either be working on the binding on the plane or chalk it up to binding is overrated!

Soon,

Lynn




 

4 comments:

  1. Wow - what an amazing teaser! Based on this post I say, “Congratulations on designing this beautiful fabric line and colorful block!” You are so gifted with an eye for design and color. I’ll be hovering over your blog anxious for more teasers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you hover over the blog on a Monday, you will see a picture of another block and the corresponding fabrics from the line.

      Delete
  2. Sweet accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete