Saturday, February 25, 2023

Cabins in the Woods

 Hello Everyone,

I'm on a real cabin and cottage kick.  This block is a block which is in my new block of the month called Bridle Path which is my tribute to the Packhorse Librarians in the 1930's.  So this is a cabin in keeping with my woodsy theme.


The block finishes at 10" x 10" which is humongous compared to my little cottages.

Here's a recap of what I've shown you so far.  You are probably wondering how they are all going to go together.  Not to worry, I have that figured out and you will get to see it on March 1st.





As you've probably heard, parts of California are buried in snow.  It has snowed and snowed itty bitty flakes since Tuesday night.  If the flakes had been the normal size, the entire umbrella would be covered to the tippy top.  The picture below shows the day-to-day accumulations.  I really don't know how much snow we've had so far......all I know is I'm ready for Spring.  The snow is so fine and powdery, we could almost use a leaf blower instead of the snowblower. I'm sure the skiers are loving life.....if they can get to the slopes.


I took the picture below this morning.  I'm seeing a window of opportunity to get out of the mountains and down to the Bay Area to catch my plane to Chicago which leaves out of San Francisco on Wednesday.  Another big storm is coming on Sunday and lasting to Wednesday, so I'm fleeing driving out of the mountains Sunday.  The snowplows have been working non-stop since Tuesday night.  They clear all of the main roads first before they get into the neighborhoods.  Once in the neighborhoods, they clear roads that have a double yellow line.  We have no line out in front of our house, so we are last, but not least on the snowplowing list. 

The power has stayed on which surprised the heck out of us.  Today is packing day of clothes, class materials, and the tools I need for teaching.  I'll be so glad to get into my seat in the plane and snooze my way to Chicago.  Pieceful Gathering Retreat, here I come!

Soon,

Lynn





No comments:

Post a Comment