Thursday, February 23, 2023

Pieceful Gathering Retreat Preparations

 Hello Everyone,

While we still have power during the great snowpocalypse of 2023, I've been preparing all of my teaching materials for the retreat hosted by Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop in Fox River Grove, IL.  I'm teaching Calico Cottages during the 3-day retreat.

I have all of my teaching materials created and nicely organized in a binder.  I've sent boxes of quilts and tutorials back to Illinois, and hopefully everything will arrive on time and in one piece.

I've been using my own fabric collection called Hearthstone for teaching.  I'm just having way too much fun creating with my own fabrics.

In preparation for the roll out of my new BOM and fabric line on March 1st, Marcus Fabrics posted my bio on their website HERE.

Here are some more snow pictures.  We've added a few inches since the yesterday's picture.  Tomorrow should be substantially different.  The MAIN EVENT is coming in tonight when Mother Nature will be adding a foot of snow to this photo instead of inches.


I took this picture of the icicles outside our bedroom door to the deck.  Last night we had thundersnow which is a bit of an odd weather event.  Thunder, lightning, wind and snow lit up the night sky.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of that!
 

I'm trying to get everything done on the Internet that needs to be completed.  We are actually quite surprised we haven't been knocked off the grid yet.  I have all of the Etsy order ready for shipping, but it is just too dangerous to head down to the post office.  The orders will have to wait until it's safe to leave the warm and cozy cabin.

Soon,
Lynn



3 comments:

  1. hope you don't loose power - snow photos are so pretty - but it does make life inconvenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice article on the Marcus website!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Bio, Lynn, though I won't be able to get the featherbed image out of my mind for quite awhile!! Stay safe up there in that winter wonderland and I wish you the smoothest of travels! I know the retreat will be fun for all!!!

    ReplyDelete