Thursday, August 6, 2009

Month #10 - Miss Iris

Dear Blossom of Friendship Followers,

Isn't Miss Iris a sweet little basket of sunshine? I like the pinks and the orange together in the same floral arrangement. The purples are very bold and are sprinkled throughout most of the quilt.


I think my border is coming together nicely. I'm going to change some of the colors of the flowers. The flowers that I've already made will not go to waste.....I'll just move them to another location in the border where the colors will compliment each other.


You will not be attaching the border to your quilt until after you are finished appliqueing the flowers on. This makes life much easier. As I work on the border, I roll both ends up to the flower that I'm stitching so it looks like a scroll. This method works well for me.


Stay tuned to see what this beautiful basket of batiks is going to turn into. In my spare time...yeah right....I've been working on the Scrappy Leaves quilt in the Maple Leaf Quilts book. I'll be teaching the class in mid-September so I'd better hurry up and finish this quilt.

The basket is filled with Bali Pops and every scrap of batik that I own....which isn't much. This is the first time I've worked with batiks and I'm loving every minute of working with their rich, rich colors. Doesn't this just put you in the mood for Autumn? Crisp nights and mornings and a deep blue sky.

The leaves changing colors....raking....and raking some more.


On another note.....the bridal shower was a success! I'll include pictures in another post.


As always,

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment