Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Miss Collette

Dear Blossom of Friendship Followers,

It is with a bit of sadness that I'm posting the last completed block for the series. Next month we are down to the remaining border flowers and borders.




When making the basket, I appliqued the woven basket down to the background fabric. I know some have used basting glue which gives you another option.



I haven't done embroidery for eons, so I took a close up to show you that it's not so bad! I wasn't going to do any embroidery on mine until I started seeing blocks completed by some of you, and they were beautifully embroidered. It added such a nice "touch" and enhanced the overall look of the block.

I've been terrible about updating the blog. I do most of my blogging at the cabin, and we haven't been able to get up here until this week. It is so peaceful and I can work on a project or do my blogging without interruption.



The fall colors have arrived since our last visit. I went around the backyard with the camera yesterday and snapped a few photos.







This was taken looking down from the deck at our little fire pit. We roast marshmallows and make S'mores with the grand kids on Christmas Eve while watching the sky for Santa. While they watch the sky, I'm watching the woods for any hint of movement or eyes watching us!



Looks like I need to get out with a rake and scoop up some of the pine needles and pine cones.

I'm taking a break from quilting for the next couple of days. It's time to get my thoughts together and get my pattern finalized in the computer. It has to be completed this week, so the patterns can go to PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) in Santa Clara next week. The patterns will be at the In Between Stitches booth. Please stop by and enjoy the beautiful booth decorated by Leslie and Melissa.

Just one more wedding to plan. My sister is getting married on Oct 24th at our house. The guest list is under thirty....so no problem. This is just like having a regular family get-together. Three weddings in five months has been a bit much! That's my only excuse for not having my Blossom of Friendship quilt completed....but it's a great excuse!

Take care all and have a fabulous week.

As always,

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment