Thursday, October 8, 2020

Quilting Classes

 Hello Everyone,

Is it time to begin classes again?  In Between Stitches in Livermore, CA. has come up with a plan to hold classes as safely as possible.  I will begin teaching again next week with my Sew'n Wild Oaks classes and Leaf Peepers at the Purple Orchid Resort and Spa.  Class size will be limited.


Here is the plan put in place:

All tables will be set up in a u-shape configuration on the perimeter of the room. You will have a six foot table and your closest neighbor will be 8' on your left and right. The teacher will be in the center and about 12' from you. You will need to bring all cutting, sewing, and ironing tools as we are unable to share. Masks will be required to be worn at all times, COVID questions will be asked prior to entry in the room, and temperatures will be taken.


I would also bring hand sanitizer or wipes and keep them at your workstation. The hardest part about the classes, is that we will not be able to give each other hugs.

During the Leaf Peepers class, I will be demonstrating both the batik and alternate colorway to make this quilt.  I'm having so much fun making this quilt out of batiks.



My first class is Sew'n Wild Oaks on Monday, October 12th, and Tuesday, October 13th.  Then I'll be teaching Leaf Peepers on Wednesday, October 14th.

To sign up for classes, go to https://www.inbetweenstitches.com/class-calendar.htm.

I will see how signups transpire, and make the final determination if my classes are going to be a go or not this Sunday, the 11th. I can always turn them into a Zoom class at later dates.

Soon,
Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Morning Lynn! I bet you're excited to be teaching again? Wish I could make it but have other plans. Have a great time and say Hi to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Lynn! You have all the right protocols in place per Mr. Squash. He and I both wish you well and stay safe! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to come, but darn, I have to work!!! It would be great to spend the day with you. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you well, even though I am feeling sad that I can't be a part of this adventure. I know you will be a huge success. Oh, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would absolutely attend were I closer. I've been looking for our LQS's to start classes again--I can't think of anything I need to learn but I just want to have some quilty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, someday when you have nothing else to do ;), would you consider trying a 45-60 minute period for an online class over multiple weeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have entertained the idea of having a Zoom class for a project or a technique. I'm hosting a Zoom class for my own guild next Monday, so I'll see how that goes, and then decide.

      Delete