Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Terial Magic is Magic

 Hello Everyone,

I'm sharing a product with you that I just tested out on my applique called Terial Magic. It gives your fabric a 'paperlike' texture. It is supposed to prevent fraying and it works like a charm!


I use the starch method of applique using freezer paper.  The pieces are nice and crisp, just the way I like them to be.  Even though I've been manhandling the background fabric while stitching, there was hardly and fraying.  Normally I run a machine overcast stitch on the raw edges, and I didn't do it this time just to see the results.


I sprayed the background fabric and all of the fabrics for the applique.  It was a bit harder to needle, but the edges turned on a dime.  I am very pleased and will continue to use this product when I applique.

With this product, you saturate the fibers, let it hang for 10 minutes, then iron it dry.  The fabric is so stiff you can bounce a quarter on it.  I was so amazed, I had Mr. Joe feel the fabric and he was surprised too. It doesn't take much to keep us entertained up here in the mountains!  Maybe we are experiencing cabin fever.

If you love applique, give this product a try.  You can also use it to starch your fabrics before you cut and piece.  I may have to give that a try to and I'll share my results with you.

In case you are wondering, this applique is for my super-secret project.

My first Sew'n Wild Oaks Retreat of the season begins on the 21st of this month.  I'm cutting kits, finishing pattern writing and straightening up the cabin.  The window cleaners are coming on the 17th, so that's adding a whole level of stress......moving furniture and washing the valances above the windows. It needs to be done, but it was poor planning on my part.

The other night, Mazey's bear alarm sounded off loud and clear around 10:30.  There were three cubs on the stairway leading up to the deck.  One of the cubs decided to do a balance bar routine on the railing.....I guess in preparation for the summer Olympics.  It looks like a polar bear statue.  We were pounding on the sliding glass door to get them to leave before they decided to dance on top of the Blackstone.


We received another 14" of snow last week.  I'm beginning to think I'm never going to see my daffodils. Another slight snowstorm is supposed to roll over us on Sunday.

Time for me to get back to my cleaning when all I want to do is applique!

Soon,
Lynn













4 comments:

  1. Ugh! To both the bears AND the snow!! I'll look for Terial Magic at my LQS. I've never heard of it .... until now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blend it with best press Works great Linda b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in the So Cal mountains we have had snow the last two weekends and possibly more this weekend. I too, am wondering if the daffodils will ever get a chance to bloom this year. Good luck with your cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bear is something else!!

    ReplyDelete