Tuesday, May 28, 2024

The Machine is Humming

 Hello Everyone,

When I'm not at my sewing machine, I'm working on applique for my secret project. This quilt design is unlike anything I have designed in the past.


I love combining a bit of applique with pieced blocks.  When I get tired of working on piecing, I switch to applique.  The entire time I'm working, I'm listening to audio books.  The hours just fly by and it's time to start thinking about fixing dinner before I know it.  We had company over for dinner last night, so dinner tonight will be the yummy leftovers.


I thought I would tire of working with my Hearthstone fabric collection.....but that hasn't happened yet. I find that it is quite versatile, and the designs and colors play well with each other.



I have bolts and bolts of it in my sewing room and plan on cutting more bundles for my booth at the Independence Hall Quilt Show in Angels Camp in October.  I have to plan ahead in order to fill a booth with loveliness.

I have a ZOOM meeting this morning to discuss the secret project.  I wish I could share everything with you......but not just yet.

Soon,
Lynn






5 comments:

  1. What a tease you are, Lynn! Lol!! Looking forward to seeing what you're up to and, btw, I spied some of Hearthstone at my LQS. I was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Susie. I'll be posting more teasers soon. I'm glad your LQS is carrying the line!

      Delete
  2. Can’t wait to see it, Lynn. It looks like it’s going to be darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snippets you are able to share of your secret project. I can not wait for the entire reveal and purchase opportunities.

    ReplyDelete