Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Quilt Along

Hello Everyone,

Today is the last QAL for 2011. Thank you SUE for hosting the day and the year.  Thanks also go to CATHI for hosting throughout the year too.

This is my unfinished version of Scatty Christmas Stars.  If I have time today between other Christmas preparations, I may.....just may put some borders on.


But it looks so good just as it is....as a skirt around the Christmas Tree.

Once I get some presents wrapped and under the tree, no one will notice that it isn't finished unless YOU tell!

Another Christmas project that I worked on and FINISHED this year during the QAL is my Country Charmer quilt.

It is on display at In Between Stitches so it won't be incorporated into this years Christmas decorations.

I got up early this morning to see the total eclipse of the moon.  Zinny thought I was totally crazy, standing outside with her while she was taking care of business and I was singing "Baby It's Cold Outside."  My coffee cooled off in a second and did nothing to warm me up.   Mother Nature is pretty impressive and it was worth seeing. 

I hope all of you have a fun weekend preparing for the BIG day.  Remember to take some time for yourself, and stop and smell the Christmas tree.

As always,

Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Your version of Scatty Stars really looks good as a Christmas Tree skirt, and I won't tell a soul it's not quite finished yet.

    What a shame you can't use Country Charmer this year, but at least you'll have it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the country look your Scatty Stars version has with the checked fabric. I agree that it looks neat under that beautiful tree. Country Charmer is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of your quilts they both have such a country feel to them. I just ordered your Country Charmer pattern , can't wait to get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, I love your Scatty Stars and it looks gorgeous as a tree skirt. Just don't cover it up with gifts! And I adore the Country Charmer quilt so am heading right over to the web site to order the pattern. Maybe I'll have it done a year from now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scatty Stars is so cheery, Lynn - it makes the perfect tree skirt! I love Country Charmer, too! I can just see you and Zinny out in the cold - hope the eclipse was worth it!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not saying a word, not a work. Looks great and that Country Charmer Quilt is another really inspiring quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of your Scatty Christmas Stars, beautiful - especially under the tree! And your Country Charmers is just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete