Friday, December 13, 2013

Checking Off My List

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been very quiet for the last couple of days because I've been sewing up a storm.  I had two whole days to myself to work on my projects.  The first project was finishing the borders on Heartfire......check.
 

Another project was finishing up a batch of Mittens With Moxie......check


.....double check.

My third project was finishing three yo-yo trees.......check.  I cut an old (fake) pearl necklace apart and glued them to the trees.  I actually wore the pearls in high school.  I wasn't doing my impersonation of Laverne and Shirley....I WAS Laverne! I still have my necklace with an "L" on it.  I drew the line when it came to poodle skirts! My mother said I looked like a feather bed tied in the middle.   I'll leave you with that visual and move on to the next project.
 

Two more Nostalgic pillow tops done.....check


.....and double check.


The Season's Greetings center is the same in each pillow, yet they look entirely different.  The first pillow is more of a Winter pillow and will work for St. Patrick's Day too for my Irish friend.

The Preview Party hosted by In Between Stitches is this Sunday at the Purple Orchid Inn here in Livermore.  Heartfire will be there along with pearl-studded Christmas trees, and mittens.  Maybe I'll wear pearls too!

I have another whole day to myself, no classes, no decorating, just a whole day of TIME.  What a wonderful gift to myself.

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness ! You had a very productive 2 days ! Have fun !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a few projects that need to get done...you're hired! Will you work for Chocolate Covered Peanuts?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, You have been busy!
    You are so talented and everything is so pretty.
    Merry Christmas and God bless.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have finished your projects and they all look lovely,especially those little trees. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy - but you always are. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to have a couple of days to sew, Lynn! I'm still waiting for my Heartfire template! The Nostalgic pillows are so timeless!! I'd come to CA for the party if you would wear your a poodle skirt ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely things made here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and now I know what a poodle skirt is. I really think you should wear one to the party. As always, you showed us lots of lovely things, and you're ahead of me now on the Heartfire.

    ReplyDelete