Sunday, July 9, 2017

We Can Do It!

 
Hello Everyone,
 
I lied to you.  I said I would post the winner of my Zinnie's Choice pattern on Friday.  Here it is Sunday and I'm finally getting around to selecting the winner.
 


Jess came over before his baseball game today.  I gave him the range of numbers to select from, and he chose #20, who is Susie!
 
Susie said, "Mazey, Mazey, Mazey. What are we going to do with you? I guess you like all of Lynn's quilts. You have excellent taste! I like them all too! Happy Birthday, America!

 


He may be all smiles before the game, but on the field he is a fierce competitor.  He is keeping the runner on 3rd base with a threatening stare down.  We have baseball this afternoon, in the extreme heat of the day.
 

We spent our morning at the Junior Livestock Auction at the County Fair.  This is Harleigh with Clover.


This is Harleigh with Crimson.  Both pigs did well for Harleigh and added a nice chunk of change to her college fund.  We sat through the auction and clapped for 163 pigs and their 4H or FFA companions.


We also clapped for the chickens and the bunnies.  I thought this young man had a sense of humor with the way he displayed his chickens.  If the chickens only knew.....


During all of the activities over the past few days, we were able to pack and ship 365 POUNDS of Sew'n Wild Oaks patterns to a large catalog company.  By the middle of the week, I didn't know if it was going to be possible to get all of the patterns stuffed in the plastic sleeves in time. Family to the rescue. We all adopted the "We Can Do It" attitude.  The last nine boxes will ship out tomorrow.

 
Now I'm ready to go to the baseball game and take a nap. Do you think the boss lady will notice if I fall asleep on the job tomorrow at the quilt shop?  I promise I'll try not to snore!

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. you lead a full life my friend. Love the young man with the chickens. Great sense of humor. But oh those poor chickens. The kids look great and congratulations Susie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy week . . . you deserve a nap :) Love that quilt in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to me! I love this pattern! And I love Harleigh's pigs! Thank you, Jess, for picking #20 -- it looks good on you! Lol! Good luck at all your ball games! We here in the St. Louis area love Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina! And Mazey, I'll think of you when I work on this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zinnie's Choice arrived in today's mail! I'm sorting through my stack of red, white and blues as we speak! Jess and Harleigh are to be admired for sure - now as for the young man with the chickens....it may be hard for me to eat them anymore ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete