Friday, May 15, 2015

On The Road Again

Hello Everyone,
 
My quilts, my sister, and I are hitting the road to Ukiah, CA to set up our booth for the Quilts In Bloom quilt show.  While we are there, my Heartfire quilt is at Spring Quilt Market in Minneapolis in the Marcus Fabric booth.  That's our quilt behind the naked mannequins!

 
 
This version is going with me.  Sorry baby, it's not Minneapolis, but it is Ukiah!! 
 

 
In 1996, Ukiah was ranked the #1 best small town to live in California and the sixth-best place to live in the United States.  It doesn't get much better than that!  I'm looking forward to the show, and seeing the area.  It's been about 4 decades since I've traveled to that neck of the woods.

Gail was absolutely delighted when I told her Mendocino Brewery was located close to the quilt show venue.  I'll bet you will find us there Saturday night. (Don't tell our husbands we are going to be there.  We will dress as quilted barflies so we won't attract attention to ourselves.) 

I'll be posting pictures of the show next week when I return.  In the meantime, keep on quilting and  make a few blocks for me.  If you are in Northern California, come on by the quilt show.  Now I know California is a large state and Northern California is a HUGE area.....do I hear anyone saying road trip?

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Safe travels and wonderful memories!!
    Have a pint for me...er, make that a half; you're driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On second thought, ask for a quarter yard.
    Quilters should probably order beer in yards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time, and don't drink too much else I might have to tell Mr Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun, and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, you are one busy lady, but it sounds like lots of fun. Enjoy Ukiah, and maybe have a brew for me :).

    ReplyDelete