Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Placemats

Hello Everyone,

Now I know what Mrs. Claus feels like. Mr. Claus is busy working in his wood shop cranking out special orders, while I'm down in the cozy cabin finishing the Christmas placemats that I started in October. The wood-burning stove is heating up the great room while Bing Crosby serenades me with old-fashioned Christmas carols.  There is about a foot of soggy snow left from the Thanksgiving storms.  I'm surrounded with the spirit of the season.

In my effort to use fabric in my stash, I pulled out every scrap of Christmas fabric that I can turn into gifts.  I'm very old-fashioned when it comes to traditional Christmas fabric.  I've had this Thimbleberries fabric for years and now I'm using it all up in placemats and napkins.



The flying geese ruler makes four flying geese at once, making quick work of this project.  The geese are circling and trying to get themselves organized in this picture.

The geese are all gathered together and heading north in this picture.

The borders go on and they are almost finished.


The next set of four will be made out of this combination of fabrics.


Inviting Christmas cottages........

packages with bows and tags..........

and old world Santa's will be gracing the tables.

I hope you have fun creating today and enjoy the days leading up to Christmas.  Even though times are crazy and busy, this is when many good memories are made.  May your heart respond to the sounds, smells and love that is so special and abundant this time of the year.

As always,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Great placemats! Look all your perfect flying geese! Looks so pretty together. I think the flying geese add the perfect touch to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I pressed the wrong key, and so my comment disappeared, but what I was trying to tell you was that I'm with you on traditional fabrics, and I love the way the geese are keeping the centres coralled in.

    ReplyDelete