Monday, December 13, 2010

Autumn isn't finished just yet......

Hello Everyone,

Last Monday, Linda brought her pieced top in to show me. This quilt is called Scrappy Leave from the Maple Leaf Quilts book by Ilene Bartos.  This quilt is a real beauty!  Linda you did a tremendous job!
Everyone that has made this quilt always tells me how much fun it is to make.  I agree.  Each leaf blocks gets prettier and prettier.

Linda loves this quilt so much (as well she should....who wouldn't)....she was absolutely determined to finish it.  Linda took my class last year.  Here is the quilt in the beginning construction phase in class.  She paired strips of batik fabric, the background and the leaf to see how they looked for the next row.

                                    

She stuck with the process and what an heirloom she has to show off every Fall.  Her borders are spectacular!  That was the hardest part for me, to get just the right gradation in the strips when I made this quilt.

Happy Monday everyone.  I'm off to the shop this morning for my workday.  The Christmas music will be on for all to hear.

As always,

Lynn



7 comments:

  1. Linda's quilt is beautiful. The border is stunning. Wow! It really creates a very striking design pattern to complete the quilt. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. I love that pattern, but always felt a little intimidated by it. Wish I would have taken that class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might need a class to complete such an inspiring quilt too! That quilt is a true work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and amazing all rolled up together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a georgous quilt. The colors are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Greetings from Finland! I LOVE THE COLOURS! The quilt looks fantastic! All of your quilts are lolevy! Happy to see them! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete