Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snowbound

Hello to Everyone,

I was going to get this post out earlier, but we lost our power for most of the day. It was fun for awhile. Luckily the power came back on just as it was time to fix dinner.

Before Christmas I received this table topper from Sue in England.   It is so pretty and I love it!.  I put a clear candle holder on it so that I could still see the beautiful stitching.  I can't tell you how excited I was to get a package from England!  Sue was the organizer for the Christmas Quilt Along.  It was so successful that Sue has graciously agree to continue the Quilt Along in 2011.  Keep checking Sue's blogsite and quilt along with quilters from all over the world.  I know I'm not going to miss out on the fun.  Plus, the added bonus of making Christmas presents throughout the whole year. 

It snowed most of the day here at the cabin.  Little Kade is totally bundled up against the elements.  Man, did he have fun in the snow with Zinny!  They played until they couldn't play anymore!

The sky was an incredible pink this afternoon in the southern sky.  So pretty in fact that we all put on our snow clothes and headed outside once again in the late afternoon.   We spent most of the day outside (shoveling and sledding) and just couldn't get enough of the crispness, the pink sky and the beauty of the mountains.


Enjoy the last day of 2010.  I hope all of us have a wonderful 2011!

As always,

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the little thank you gift, and that you're going to quilt along in 2011 too.

    Your photos are lovely, and the one where the snow looks pink on the trees is specially effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I losing power! I'm so glad you got yours back. What a sweet gift from Sue! I love it! I wouldn't want to cover the stitching either. Kade looks so cute all bundled up! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowbound with your cutie pies and Hubbie! Sounds like you are enjoying the Holidays. Hopefully you have some handwork to do on a Quilt or two when the power is off. Yes your home is indeed "Heaven on Earth" Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Years Lynn. I'm looking forward to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Lynn, I'd like to wish you the Best for the New Year 2011~ May your needle always be nice and sharp and May you continue to have great ideas for new designs that will come our way~ That way we'll all be a winner this coming new year!

    ReplyDelete