Thursday, October 13, 2022

California or Bust

 Hello Everyone,

We got a very early rocky start to our day.  Both Gail and I were craving our foo foo vanilla lattes at Starbucks.  We were thrilled to find a Starbucks in Rock Springs, WY.  Gail was driving so she pulled up to the window, ordered, paid, and then drove away!  Hey Gail, what about our lattes?  After an extended laughter, we headed through some very interesting landforms in Wyoming while sipping our lattes.  



We crossed into Utah to see some beautiful colors in the mountains, but the pictures didn't capture the beauty of the mountains.


We stopped at the Bonneville Salt Flats to switch drivers and take pictures of the vast expanse of salt.



Before we knew it, we were in Nevada.

All we saw was sage and tumbleweed and a long, straight road with very little traffic.


I don't think so!

We spent the night in Winnemucca.  There was a restaurant right across the street from the motel, so we headed on over to the Bourbon Street Bar and Grill.  The first red flag went up in my brain when I saw the sign that said, "Ring the bell after dark."  The second red flag were the silhouettes of the nude dancers above the bar. which Gail had to point out to me as I missed them.  A young man asked us if we would like to order, and I said I didn't see anything on the menu I wanted.  The restaurant also reeked of smoke. This young man felt so sorry for us that he suggested a restaurant more to our liking down the street. So, exit stage left to more belly laughs all the way to the car. in the car, and all the way to the family friendly restaurant.

We are going to stop in Garnerville, NV for lunch so Gail can see a high school friend that she hasn't seen in 55 years.  Then we will head back over Ebbetts Pass and home sweet home in Arnold, CA. 

Soon,
Lynn











2 comments:

  1. Almost home! I'd like to be a fly on the "wall" to have heard all the fun times and stories you both have had while driving through 8 states (I think you said 8), You've had some great times to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you two are having a wonderful journey together. Any speeding tickets yet?

    ReplyDelete