Monday, October 3, 2022

The Trippy Sisters

 Hello Everyone,

This is my play list for the week of 10/3 - 10/9:

On The Road Again - Willie Nelson

Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane

I Can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar

King of the Road - Roger Miller

My sister Gail and I are heading out Monday morning at o-dark-hundred to start our road trip to the Badlands Quilters Guild in Medora, ND.  We are taking all of you with us on our journey!  I will try to post pictures of the scenery along the way.

I selected 20 quilts to take for my trunk show Saturday night, October 8th.  It was hard to whittle the selection down to only 20 quilts.  I packed them in three extra-large carrying bags by order of their appearance during the show.  Now my cabin looks naked since they've been on display throughout the cabin.


I put the quilts on my 'meals on wheels' dining room table so they could be nicely folded and stacked.  I think I'll just hitch up the table to the SUV.....and we're off!  My friend Sharon volunteered to sit on the table and hold onto the quilts for the entire 2,700 miles there and back.  Good luck with that Sharon!

The blue line is the route that we are going to take.  We will leave Arnold, CA and head over Ebbetts Pass to get into Nevada.  That first leg of the trip is not for the faint of heart over the extremely narrow and windy mountain road.  Maybe I should add a song to my playlist - Highway to Hell by AC/DC for this part of the journey! Thank goodness the range cattle have been moved to lower elevations for the winter.  The cattle drive down the road took place a few weeks ago.  We will probably see many 'meadow muffins' along this stretch of the route. Note to self: Gail will probably sleep her way over the pass since she will be totally drugged as she tends to get car sick. Wish her luck with that!

We will see gorgeous mountain vistas and the possibility of some fall color while we travel up to the 9,000' elevation then we will drop down into Nevada.  Maybe the choice of the words 'drop down' isn't the best.  We will drive down into Nevada and motor up to Reno and try to make Elko, NV for our first overnight stop.  Our schedule is subject to change depending on how often we stop along the way. Two women our age may have a propensity to stop a lot! Our longest driving day will be Monday while we are fresh.  I'm hoping it doesn't snow while we are gone as the pass will close for the season, and we'd have to take a longer route to get back to Arnold.


We will go across Nevada then up into Idaho to Montana.  We will pretty much drive across the entire state of Montana from west to east to get to Medora, which is just over the Montana, North Dakota border.

So, join us on our trip across the western states.  I can picture Gail now as she hangs out the window taking pictures to share with you.  Or maybe she's hanging out the window getting ready to 'hurl'.

Soon,
Lynn    






6 comments:

  1. Safe travels and good luck Gail! Hope you get plenty of pictures so we can take this trip vicariously through your eyes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne. I'll keep an eye on Gail. My son told us not to pick up any hitchhikers.....there isn't any room.....not that I would!

      Delete
  2. Safe travels. Enjoy your trip and have a wonderful show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy trip! But looks like so much fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail and Lynn-Nancy Switzer here... can't figure out why Google won't sign me in...oh, our internet is down! I love road trips with people or by myself. I'm following you! Enjoy our beautiful land!!!

    ReplyDelete