Saturday, October 15, 2022

Country Sampler Class in Medora

 Hello Everyone,

I still have a lot of pictures to show from the Badlands Quilters Retreat in Medora, ND.  Today I'm showing pictures from my 2-day Country Sampler class.


This is one of my favorite workshops to teach as I believe the students learn so much. They learn the formulas to make common quilting components any size they need.  

This is especially helpful when you want to change sashings and borders or make a row-by-row quilt or when you are working on a round robin quilt. 

The class made all of the same components yet look how different the blocks look.  It's all in the use of fabric and which direction the components are placed on the block layout sheet.









The quilters worked hard on their blocks over the two days.




Here is a picture of their efforts.  I loved seeing all of the blocks together in one place.


Here are the "breakfast girls".  Each morning the four of us Pam, Gail, Darcy and I would get together for breakfast.

Teddy Roosevelt spent a lot of time in Medora.  After being there, I can see why.

One morning we met at the beautiful Rough Rider hotel for breakfast.


Bison Eggs Benedict were on the menu!  When in Rome......   They were delicious and way too much food.  Gail and I were wishing we had split an order.


Saturday night I presented my trunk show and the audience laughed in all the right places.



It was a very long day of fun, laughter, and creativity. We headed back to the hotel guided by the full moon over Medora.  Sigh.....what a beautiful area of the country. 


Soon,
Lynn









3 comments:

  1. When is the next road trip back to Medora?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I went again as a participant in the retreat, I would fly to Fargo and drive to Medora.

      Delete
  2. I'm always amazed at the versatility of your Country Sampler blocks and the blocks made by the Badlands Quilters are some of the best I've seen!

    ReplyDelete