Saturday, October 1, 2011

Minglewood is together

Hello Everyone,

I finished the last two blocks for the Minglewood quilt yesterday.  I made one Flaming Star block.


Then I made one King's Crown Squared block.  Time to put it all together, sew on the borders.....



....and here is Minglewood....together at last!  The black 4" border is there, just a bit hard to see. Mr. Joe and I put books across the top of the railing to hold this quilt it place for picture taking.  I knew when I bought a copy of War and Peace at a garage sale years ago, it would come in handy.  I had a vision of reading it while we were snowed in.  Seemed like a good idea at the time!  The only time I've picked the book up was for dusting purposes.


This picture was taken from the back of the quilt under the deck.  Interesting point of view and I can tell I have two blocks of the same design together!  Two Christmas Star blocks are right next to each other.  I hadn't noticed it before I took this picture.   Can you find the two blocks while looking at the front of the quilt!  Too late now and am NOT taking it apart.

The Dogwoods are starting to show a little color.  I love Autumn!



Don't forget to enter the contest. (See the post from Sept. 30th).  So many good names have been entered.  Also, lots of you have sent emails saying that Blogger wouldn't let you post.  I have issues with Blogger all the time and I don't know what to tell you.  I clean out my 'cookies' under the Internet tools tab and sometimes that helps and allows me to make comments.

Have a great Saturday everyone.  I'm finishing pattern directions for Country Charm and working on a label for her.

As always,

Lynn



7 comments:

  1. Your Minglewood is spectacular...a heirloom quilt if ever there was one!! Good for you!
    Take care!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful. That's all I can say, and, as you know, it's not often that I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with QuiltSue.....this is one of your best yet. It's fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blocks look so different from the back. Has a stained glass effect with the black borders. It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! What a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is even more beautiful than I ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally able to comment today! Minglewood is totally stunning, Lynn! Thank goodness Mr. Joe didn't put a moat in around the cabin just in case War and Peace lept off the deck along with the quilt - lol! Thanks to your great fabric choices, I don't think anyone will ever know you have two of the same blocks together ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete