Saturday, December 25, 2021

A Kinder World

Hello Everyone,

I've been saving my pictures of the Nativity for Christmas Day.....the reason for the season.  I purchased this Nativity set for my mom.  She used it for a few years, and now I considered this one my favorite. The little faces are so sweet and dear.


This Nativity set was made by a friend in 1977.  It has been on display every Christmas for the last 44 years.  This is my favorite also.  The donkey is now hearing impaired since the ears are gone.  I think we gave up trying to repair him about 30 years ago.


Then there's the Jim Shore set.  One of my favorites too.


My mom gave this Avon set to me eons ago.  Another favorite.


I hope you can share Christmas with your family.  May your homes be filled with delicious food, lots of laughter, good conversations, reindeer games, and good memories.

I pray for peace, and a kinder, gentler world.  Quilters unite, we can do this together!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Lynn




 

3 comments:

  1. Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:14

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Avon set as well. It was released the year I got married, 1985 and the rest of the pieces were released over the next two years. It will always be my favorite, even if Balthazar was beheaded by my two year old! Thank heavens for super glue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. A kinder, gentler world indeed. And, I do believe we can unite as quilters and as good people and make the world a softer place. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete